Job: Human Resources Director
Since our launch in 1993 with a collection of six essential handbags, kate spade new york has always stood for optimistic femininity. today, our brand is a global life and style house with handbags, ready-to-wear, jewelry, footwear, gifts, home décor and more. polished ease, thoughtful details and a modern, sophisticated use of color—kate spade new york’s founding principles define a unique style synonymous with joy. under the vision of creative director nicola glass, we continue to celebrate confident women with a youthful spirit.
kate spade new york is part of the tapestry house of brands.
Business partner to Design, Brand Creative, Marketing Merchandising and their direct reports leading and implementing people and organization strategies to enable commercial priorities.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Human Resources to…
People Strategy Creation and Implementation
- Work with senior leaders and their teams to define a people strategy that enables unit specific objectives as well as advances global talent and culture priorities
- Ensure priorities are resourced with partnership from HR COE functions to drive People Strategy with OG Leaders and their groups
- Contribute business intelligence on a real time basis with COE teams as an input to enterprise strategy
- Senior Recruiting – Partner with Global leaders, TA group and external partners to find, attract talent
- Talent Strategy & Assessment – develop plans with leaders to attract, develop, calibrate, retain, and integrate talent to support the overall business strategy.
- Assess internal and external talent based on short term and long term business objectives, identify gaps and work with leadership on plans to address.
- Employee Engagement – partner with leaders to ensure Tapestry is a great place to work
- Aligning teams – work with leaders to ensure a thoughtful goal setting process
- Change management – influence organizational strategies by providing effective planning, communication, training and reinforcement techniques to ensure successful execution of change efforts.
- Team effectiveness – work with business leaders to ensure clear roles, goals and processes are aligned with organizational strategies.
- Senior team effectiveness – In partnership with OG leaders, proactively develop a high performing leadership team
Coaching and Consulting
- Advisor to leaders; ability to think critically, use inquiry to problem solve and surface underlying issues in order to achieve business outcomes. www.fashiontopjobs.com
The accomplished individual will possess…
- Relevant bachelor’s degree with post graduate business qualifications highly regarded
- 5+ years of experience in HR lead positions of increasing responsibility
- Excellent leadership skills www.katespade.com
- Demonstrated ability to develop plans to address key business issues, and utilizes plans to impact business and achieve desired results
- Project management ability
An outstanding professional will have…
- Entrepreneurial and self-assured
- Savvy negotiator with excellent relationship building skills
- Demonstrates effective written, verbal, and non-verbal communication
- Maintains external networks to stay current on best practice
kate spade new york is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. all employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. these decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. visit kate spade new york at www.katespade.com.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit careers.tapestry.com.