The Director of Human Resources is a vital member of the Vera Wang Group leadership team and respected and relevant voice across all things “people” for the Vera Wang brand. The role is the senior-most HR leader charged with creating and executing the Vera Wang Group global human capital strategy across all functions by implementing a collaborative, thoughtful and strategic vision for the Vera Wang brand that reflects a modern, creative and innovative human resource approach. Owns Corporate and Retail HR Policy, Employee Relations, Performance Management, Compensation & Benefits, Talent Management & Recruitment. This is a dynamic role core to both the Vera Wang Bridal and Ready-to-Wear business strategies.
Senior most Human Resources leader reporting to CFO/COO
Manages one (1) direct report: Human Resources Manager
Fiscal accountability for annual Human Resources budget
The ideal candidate will be an authoritative luxury human resources expert with a proven track record of driving brand performance through the optimization of its most vital and vibrant asset – people! A thought leader on all things people who defines and executes the strategic vision for human capital for the Vera Wang brand. Equally versed in strategy and tactics to deliver results – this senior most HR is a true generalist with a ready tool box of best practices and the unique and powerful ability to leverage them to a strategic – and practical – advantage for the Vera Wang Group brand – and people.
- Manages all employee relations for the company; provides confidential support and guidance to managers and employees
- Serves as an unbiased liaison between employees and management to resolve disputes
- Counsels managers on HR policies, procedures and law
- Develops, maintains and communicates company policies
- Motivates and coaches managers and employees to produce optimal work performance
- Facilitates all compliance training: Sexual Harassment, etc
- Owns lifecyle of performance review process including merit and any performance-based salary increases
- Owns full lifecycle recruitment for all roles within corporate office and four retail store locations
- Leads recruitment strategy to attract top talent (by placement of job ads, screening candidates, internal communication, collect references and conducting background checks) using appropriate selection tools
- Designs, develops and implements a robust intern program to serve as a pipeline for emerging talent acquisition and foster management skill building for new and experienced supervisors
Compensation and Benefits
- Oversees benefits administration for company benefit plans, i.e., medical, dental, vision, transit, FSA, 401(k)
- Partners closely with payroll/finance for annual compliance requirements and 401(k) annual audit
- Maintains competitive salary benchmarking and analysis
- Designs and implements executive bonus and/or incentive compensation plan
Professional Knowledge & Experience
- 10+ years of progressive Human Resources experience successfully developing and executing luxury brand HR strategy supporting highly creative corporate, retail (domestic/U.S. and International), wholesale and factory client groups
- Current, confident working knowledge of federal, multi-state and local employment laws, required
- SHRM certification, preferred
- Proven ability pioneering HR in a start-up environment thriving in a role wearing many hats
- Ability to navigate the creative and analytical sides of luxury human resources; equally versed in business planning/analytics and common sensibiltiy
- Expert at identifying meaningful, actionable insights within past successcampaigns
- Impeccable, engaging, brand audience-specific aesthetic, verbal communication. presentation and writing skills
- Skilled at working at the speed of fashion in a highly creative and entrepreneurial culture of intense growth, high standards and an every raising bar of human resource excellence
Educational & Professional Credential
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, required
Advanced degree, MBA/MA, an asset
SHRM certification, strongly referred
Advance HR-specific certification (employment law, coaching, training), an asset
An EEO/Affirmative Action Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status
Thank you, in advance, for your interest in this career opportnity with Vera Wang Group, an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. At this time, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Direct applicants only, no third-party staffing or direct inquiries, please.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.
Apply For job
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.